Top 10 Advantages of Cloud Computing
There are several benefits of cloud computing; enterprises around the globe are using cloud computing to gain various benefits. Cloud computing provides all these benefits with little to no requirements; it isn’t necessary for you to purchase backup appliancesor acquire a ton of licenses. The process of migrating to cloud is simple and is for all kinds of users ranging from enterprise-level to domestic users.
There are three types of cloud computing services: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Once you have an understanding of the cloud service models, you can explore their advantages.
Top 10 Benefits of Cloud Computing for Businesses
1. Software Updates: When you’re using cloud computing for develop and test purposes, then you won’t have to deal with the software updates. The service provider will do that for you. So your resources can stay focused on development and testing. This improves the efficiency as your attention is now dedicated to your main task.
2. Flexibility: Traditional technology is rigid, you cannot increase or reduce resources as required. Each process is difficult, time consuming and requires a dedicated budget. This limitation is removed with cloud computing. For instance, if you have a website and at certain times of the year it receives an influx of traffic; then at this certain time, the traffic will be accommodated and then once the spike dies down, the allotted resources are also removed.
3. Cost Efficiency: You are only charged for the storage space or the services that you consume. And the payment procedures are also in accordance to your preferences, you can choose to pay monthly or annually.
4. Collaboration: Team members can efficiently share data with each other, regardless of their location. This boosts the overall team performance as their data is accessible from remote locations and is always secure.
5. Stability: You can acquire cloud computing without any backup appliance or infrastructure. This makes the system stable as there is no in-house IT crisis. With service providers such as Microsoft, Amazon, StoneFly, Veeam etc you be sure that there will be zero downtime and the uptime is always reliable.
6. Mobility: The data stored in the cloud is always accessible from any location. This means you are not limited to a single device or workstation. You can work from anywhere and anytime increasing your productivity.
7. Scalability: Traditional technology required a lot of planning before adding more storage or computational ability to it; not to mention a lot of budget allocations. In cloud computing, it’s as difficult as a single click. The services can scale up or scale down as you wish and the procedure is simplistic.
8. Security: The data is far more secure than conventional methods of storage. Your data is stored in data centers of your service provider; however, only you can access this data. The data is always encrypted: before transit, during transit, after transit.
9. Environment Friendly:As cloud computing doesn’t require hardware, it contributes to the removal of carbon footprint and also helps reduce energy consumption.
10. Competitive Advantage:The features of cloud computing are available to all kinds of enterprises and mid-size organizations. This enables even small businesses to utilize enterprise level resources to compete in the industry.
These are the top 10 benefits that make cloud computing an essential part of operations and an irreplaceable part of a reliable backup and disaster recovery plan.
You may be interested
Best Email Marketing Strategies to Trust – Secrets to Get More Leads and Saleswusnews - Nov 17, 2017
There are a number of ways to add impact to your email marketing strategies and gather more number of subscribers. You will convert…
6 Cool and Interesting Gifts to Get your Teenager or Tween this Christmas 2017Kyra .O Taylor - Nov 17, 2017
Just in case you haven’t heard, the countdown to Christmas 2017 has started and even more pressing is the need to start Christmas…
8 tips to fast track your business and enhance excellent customer JourneysSelva Raj - Nov 11, 2017
The most business wants to enhance their customer satisfaction and needs to deliver a great product to increase the profit. So everyone has…